To inspire and education students to be productive citizens.
A destination district committed to excellence.
A great place to live, learn, and teach.
Inspiring students to positively impact their world.
MISD Guiding Statements
1. Students will read on level or higher by the beginning of third grade and will remain on level or higher as a MISD student.
2. Students will demonstrate mastery of Algebra I by the end of ninth grade.
3. Students will graduate with 24+ college hours and/or an industry certificate or license.
4. Students will participate in an extra or co-curricular activity.
5. Our parents and students will have choices with educational opportunities.
Vision 20/20 Goals
All teachers consistently provide learning opportunities that reach higher cognitive levels through the implementation of, “The 4 C’s of Learning” (communication, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity). With a specific focus on collaboration and critical thinking.
Ensure instruction and student products are meeting or exceeding the district expectation: 60% of student work at high cognitive levels.