- 2019-2020 Library Events
- Library Calendar
- Library Information & Book Checkout Policy
- Looking up Books
- Digital Resources & Databases
- 2x2 Book Club
- Battle of the Books
- Caldecott Club
- Literary Lunch Bunch
- Contact Information
Number of Books:
Grades K-1: One book at a time
Grade 2: Up to two books
Grades 3-4: Up to three books at a time
All books may be checked out for up to two weeks, and may be renewed on an as needed basis.
Students may utilize our Open Check Out program which allows students the flexibility to visit the library individually on a more frequent basis.
Parents, please help to ensure your child is a good library citizen and returns his/her book on time. Library book bags should be used by your child, at all times, to store and transport their library book, thus helping them to be responsible library book caretakers.
Access to search for books in ESE Library may be done from the classroom, or home, by visiting the Destiny web site at destiny.esc11.net.
Username is esmith unless otherwise stated. See Librarian for password
Information on Authors & Illustrators
Powered by: eBooks
Ebsco eBooks Online Nonfiction eBooks
Discovery Education Video Streaming
Sign in with your .net Google account.
The 2X2 Reading List is a book list provided by the Texas Library Association of 20 recommended books for children, age two to grade two. The ESE 2x2 Book Club will be for 1st and 2nd grade students. We will meet on Wednesdays from 7:35-7:55 am in the ESE Library. During those meetings, our goal is to read all 20 books from the 2x2 list, analyze each story, and collaboratively choose our favorite and do a craft for that book. A special thanks for the PTA for granting us all the 2x2 books and supplies!
Any 1st and 2nd grade student may join the 2x2 Book Club. However, space is limited.
• Return the signed registration form on or before Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2019.
• Attend meetings Wednesday mornings from 7:35-7:55 am in the ESE Library.
(Bus riders - Come to the library as soon as you enter the school.)
• 3 unexcused absences from meetings will be cause for dismissal from the 2x2 Book Club.
Battle of the Books (BoB) is a district-wide competition for 3rd and 4th grade students. The goals of the program are to encourage and recognize students who enjoy reading, broaden reading interests, increase reading comprehension, and promote academic excellence.
Any 3rd and 4th grade student may join the Battle of the Books. A team of five will be decided by late February. The district competition will be Monday, March 23, 2020, at 10 a.m. at The Center for Performing Arts.
Meetings are Tuesday & Thursday mornings from 7:30-8:00 am.
The books for the 2019-2020 year are:
- The Boo-Boo's that Changed the World: A True Story About an Accidental Invention (Really!)
- The Magic Misfits
- Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Go To School
- Saving Winslow
The Caldecott Award is awarded annually to the artist of the most distinguished American picture book for children published in English in the United States during the preceding year.
1st Grade Caldecott Club runs October 2018 through April 2019.
Kindergarten Caldecott Club will run from February 2018 through April 2019.
ESE is proud to announce that Caldecott Club is going well. Caldecott books are best known for their wonderful illustrations that go along with the story. How your student can participate is as follows:
• During your student’s scheduled library time, he/she will be able to check out an additional book from a list of Caldecott Winners for the Caldecott Club.
• After reading the book at home, your student will complete a book report (provided by the club) and return both the book and the report to the librarian, Ms. B-F.
• If your student turns in at least 20 book reports by April 12th, he/she will be invited to the end of year celebration.